The Hunger Games / Catching Fire

Go down

The Hunger Games / Catching Fire

Post  Brooke on October 21st 2009, 1:31 am

At the last book club I mentioned The Hunger Games. I thought I'd put up a post and make a legit recommendation.

Title: The Hunger Games (Catching Fire is the sequel)
Author: Suzanne Collins

Excerpt from Amazon review: "In a not-too-distant future, the United States of America has collapsed, weakened by drought, fire, famine, and war, to be replaced by Panem, a country divided into the Capitol and 12 districts. Each year, two young representatives from each district are selected by lottery to participate in The Hunger Games. Part entertainment, part brutal intimidation of the subjugated districts, the televised games are broadcasted throughout Panem as the 24 participants are forced to eliminate their competitors, literally, with all citizens required to watch."

This book was a real page-turner for me. It sucked me right in (like a tractor beam). I would classify it as YA with just a tiny bit of a sci-fi element. This is one of those books where you get to know the main character so well that you feel like you're in the story with her. Definitely recommended!
Brooke
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-07-14

View user profile http://baustin11.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hunger Games / Catching Fire

Post  Lynettie on October 21st 2009, 8:11 pm

I saw this at Barnes and Noble the other day and was very tempted to buy it and read it.....but i need to read some kind of Biography once i am done with the "uglies" series. Smile hey have you ever read Bogus to Bubbley?? it is like a readers guide to the uglies series i think..... i don't really know i have just seen it around.
Lynettie

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brooke on October 29th 2009, 4:25 pm

You should definitely read The Hunger Games after your biography! (which reminds me... I need a self-help book. Any ideas?)

Yeah, I read Bogus to Bubbly after I finished Extras. It's sort of like an encyclopedia to the Uglies series. It was kind of interesting to see the background behind certain parts of the Uglies world.
Brooke
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-07-14

View user profile http://baustin11.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down